The moisture content of building timber is normal in the range of 8%~12%. It is not easy to crack and warp when it is used. Generally, the moisture content of building timber is related to the drying method of building timber. Steam drying method has the best drying effect and can be tested if there are special instruments. Besides these, there are some simple and feasible methods:
1. Hand weighing method: can weigh the net weight of building timber by hand, the water content is undoubtedly heavier.
2. Hand touch: Put your hand on the top of the wooden square and feel its humidity.
3. Nailing method: long nails can be used to try to nail into the building wooden square. If it is very easy to nail in, it shows that the building wooden square is dry and impetuous. On the contrary, the environmental humidity is relatively high.
4. Shaking method: The finished wood can be shaken from one end. If the quality is not up to standard, it is easy to split in two from the middle.
5. Eye View: How many knots are there in a wooden square from beginning to end? If the knot is black, it will not work. It will break easily when installed. http://www.hongxingmy.com